North, South, East, West!


A little game we thought might be fun, and in fact it really was! We jumped in the car and as we were pulling out of our subdivision, I asked Skyler which way should we go, north, south, east, or west? She imediately said "West, I want to go west", so off we went. We went as far west as we could go, and then it was, "South, lets try south". She was just giggleing because she couldn't believe she actually had control of this situation. After a while of driving and listening to HSM3 full blast, she said with a little laugh, "I don't even know where we are at"? I told her we were close to the Great Salt Lake. She decided that was going to be the first stop in our "adventure". The girls had a lot of fun with the big buffalo statue, and wanted to jump in all of the puddles of muddy, salty, water.
Next was East! Skyler kept asking me, "What direction do we need to go to get to a Maverick", Although Maverick is were "adventure begins" I told her I thought lunch would be a better option. Olive Garden here we come!
After lunch I said, "Where to now?" Skyler wanted to keep heading east, she wanted to go to the mountains. I really wasn't up for the mountains in the rain/snow weather, so I diverted us a little south to Layton Park. Boy were they excited! Skyler said, "But who feeds ducks in the snow", and with an quick reply Halle said, "We do Sky". It was so cute! We fed the ducks, and geese all our left over bread sticks from Olive Garden, and the girls could hardly contain themselfes.
It turned out to be a fun and adventurous afternoon!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun!!! Every weekend on the way home from school we drive past a river and there is a bank full of geese and ducks. I often think they must be starving and what fun it would be to feed them. I am always wishing I had some bread with me. What a fun game - you girls are so lucky to have such an awesome mom! Your pictures capture every moment. Hope you are doing good! Sorry I have not got back to you about when we are there. We will be there for the first week in April and then back the end of June for Recital. I would like to have another famil swim party - hopefully we can get more dads there this time! Hope you are doing good! What a darling post!

Anonymous said...

Ok that is the best afternoon game ever. You are always doing something fun like that. I love it. And how fun to feed the ducks in the winter. very fun.

heidi said...

Katie, what a fun Mom you are! That is a great idea for a game! I really liked your pictures! Your girls are so cute! They are lucky to have you!!! =)

Ali Miller said...

UH - Talk about mother of the year!!! I love having those adventures with the kids - and your kids are to die for cute! We went out to the lake when it was dark and foggy - got a little spooky, but was a ton of fun! LOVE IT!!

Justine and Stuart said...

You are such a fun mom! Those pics are adorable. I love how they are both growing up and have such strong personalities. They really are the BeSt behaved girls I know.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. Something that I am not sure if I would dare do, my kids would probably spend more time arguing about which way to go, than actually being able to enjoy the adventure. The pictures of your girls are so cute.

The Sumkos said...

What a neat idea! You are such a fun mom, I can tell your kids adore you and why wouldn't they?

Deanna said...

That is such a fun game! I wish we had some time to try it out. If we ever have free time, (like real free time) my kids want to play with friends, go to my parents, or just be home. But we will have to give the game a try sometime. i would love to end up at training table...

skyler's slideshow

OHHHH, the Beach!!!

Happiest Place on Earth!

Happy Valentines Day!

Vegas Baby!