
So one of my New Years resolutions was to make sure I was doing all I could to offer my kids "healthy choices" for dinner and snacks, so last night I decided cucumbers, it's better then broccoli right? (not near as healthy, but whatever!) The girls had a lot of fun pealing them and cutting them, and the sound of dipping them in ranch dressing, (which makes them not so healthy, but we have to start somewhere) was exciting! Once dinner was ready we all sat down, and NO ONE put them on their plates! They would not even try them, so after trying to convince them that they were good, and the reason Mom wasn't eating them was because she was allergic to them I finally said "fine then put them on your eyes, I don't care!" Boy was dinner exciting after that! I'ts hard to teach your kids good habits when yours aren't the best either!
6 comments:
That's hilarious & way too cute pic. My kids actually refer to cucumbers as "those ones you put on your eyes to get rid of wrinkles"... try telling them that you craved them when they were in your belly so they MUST love them. Our kids love those stories - Rom's nickname is hot-sauce cuz of those stories.
I love it...how cute. My kids actually love veggies and I should cut them up so they can eat them more often. Maybe I did eat them when I was pregnant, I am not sure. Although Wyatt is my big dipper...he dips everything in ranch.
I'm glad it's not just me!! Dax is seriously drawn to crap! Tonight, he wanted a corn dog and a pop tart - WOW! Whatever, choose your battles right? Good thing you got a picture of that!
Katie, that is so cute! I love it. You are such a great mom. That is a resolution that didn't even cross my mind. Although, we did all stop pop for the year again!
How cute!!! What a good mom!! I hate most vegetables so it is really hard for me to push them on my kids. They actually like them way better than I do. I say dip EVERYTHING in ranch!!!!
Yes - I agree with Denise - everything is better with Ranch and dip away! have you ever had a cucumber and tomato sandwich - they are the best in the middle of the summer. Toasted bread and Mayo - try it. What a darling post - I love you naked one - Clara my 3 year old has to eat dinner like that almost every night - she is such a spiller oh, and her sleeve is her napkin :)
Post a Comment