I've been busy!!

The last couple of days have consisted of me painting, and painting, and painting some more! Skyler has been wanting a "Horse" bedroom for some time, so I finally decided to tackle the project. It has been a lot of fun, and Skyler just loves the results, (not to mention Halle as well)! This is the "almost" finished project. A few more accessories and I think it will be great!

As much as I would love to take credit for painting the horse....it did not happen! Thanks to wallies that part was done in 10 min. flat! I painted some "hidden pictures" in all of the grass and gave the girls a list of what to look for. They had so much fun trying to find the butterfly, bee, dragonfly, lady bug, frog, grasshopper, and a heart with Mom and Dad's initials in it. Certainly not a perfect paint job, but it was done in a day and a half, and hey....Skyler now has a horse in her bedroom, life is good in her eyes!!!

This all happened while Skyler was in school, so Halle was involved in the whole deal. Pretending to paint, singing me Taylor Swift songs with Skyler's guitar, and of course asking me every ten seconds, "Hey Mom, can I touch this?", "Hey Mom, is this paint wet?", or "Hey Mom, use this color". She was a good sport in all of it!!

7 comments:

Ali Miller said...

OH MY GOSH!!! AREN'T YOU THE MOST AWESOMEST MOM EVER!!! How cute is that room. GESLUISE! I love it!

The Frost's said...

Katie I think you should go on the road with "TY" you did a great job in her room! I bet she loves to be in her room all the time now!!

Do you hire out??

Heidi said...

You are so awesome - I just LOVE it! I would like to do something like that in my girls room... some kind of mural. LOVE the hidden pictures! Way to go - getting started is always my problem, but once you get into it it is so much fun. I bet she just loves sitting on her bed looking at it! What an awesome MOM!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT!!! I really thought you painted the horse, I was thinking WOW, but alright the wallies are good too, but I love that you added your own little touch with little hidden things. I love the Initials how cute. Halle is so cute on the bed with the cowboy hat, what a darling little girl.

The Bartlett Bunch said...

OK is there anything you can't do!?! That looks so dang cute.

Krista said...

First of all, your ENTIRE house is so stinking cute! I love all your rooms and decor. And it should be noted that you painted all of it except the horse and fence, right? I was so impressed when I saw it. Skyler showed me everything you painted including the hidden creatures. Even your grass was impressive and yes, Skyler loved it!

Tell those darling girls hi for me. I had a lot of fun with them!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! lucky girl

skyler's slideshow

OHHHH, the Beach!!!

Happiest Place on Earth!

Happy Valentines Day!

Vegas Baby!